Thursday, January 14, 2010
January 14 entry 42
I think that Jim's hairball is kind of funny. Because it's is downright funny how Jim speaks, I understand that the Black folk had spoke in a different kind of language. I thought that Jim was pretty accurate in his foreshadowing and it making me wonder if the hairball actually could have told the future in the story. Which brings me to the point 0f Paige's summary of Chapter 1-6 which I think her summary was pretty dang good. Mark Twain must have analyzed how the people spoke (especially the black folk) and then incorporated that into his book. Because I'm sure that writers of his time tried to use proper language and grammar. I especially found it interesting how Jim spoke which was very unique in it's own way. Don't you find the book interesting. I would not necessarily recommend this book to kid's but to people in their mid teen's
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I remember you sharing this with the class. Thanks Camren!
ReplyDelete